Friday, February 29, 2008

My Birth Experience

Both my kids simply loved to reside in my womb. They refused to come out even till their EDD. I have to go for induction twice to invite my kids to see the beautiful world.

Giving birth to Kaden is more painful than giving birth to Trenyce. For Kaden, I went through an almost 12hrs labour pain whereas for Trenyce, its shorter by half the time, 6hrs.

For both kids, I checked in to hospital at 7am with hubby. By 8am, I was already lying on the bed with the water drip.

For Trenyce, the contractions started coming around 10+am and the cervix was dilated to 10cm by 12noon+, and by 2.08pm she was delivered.

For Kaden, I couldnt really feel the contractions, instead I experienced very bad backache on-off the whole morning and needed hubby to help massage my back to relieve the pain. I also couldnt ly still as the backache was really bad. At 2pm+, the nurse checked my cervix, she digged her finger in, real in and made me very uncomfortable, and announced that it was dilated barely 2 to 3cm and the baby's head was still quite up. "Oh my, 3 cm only after 6hrs of lying here? Based on this calculation, he probably will only pop at midnight!" I told my husband. My hubby gave me a funny smile, he was also quite bored of waiting already and half "sian" when he heard the nurse's announcement. "Let's have a bet. What tme do you think he will come out?" I asked hubby. "hmm...between 6 to 7pm," he guessed. "Ok, I guessed its betw 10 to 11pm," I said. So for the rest of the time, its still waiting and more waiting. By 4pm+, Dr Goh came and did a check on my cervix. He also digged his finger real in and burst my waterbag. This was couple times more uncomfortable than what the nurse did earlier. After that, he announced "the cervix only dilated by 3cm. Very slow huh. Usually by this time for 2nd birth, should be around 6cm already." "Yah, I hope so too." I thought to myself. Then he continued, "I burst the waterbag for you. I will come again around 7pm+. If the baby doesnt come out by then, you may have to go for c-section." I shuddered when he told us that. I got really worried. When he left, I asked hubby," how huh? I am very scared of c-section leh." Hubby just asked me not to think too much. What happened next was really fast. An hour after the gynae had left, the contractions came and came very intense and at 5pm+, I could feel the baby pushing. The nurse told me not to push as my gynae had not arrived but I couldnt help and just pushed according to the baby's rhythm. By the time my gynae came, I was already semi-unconscious. I didnt take the epidural. I was relying solely on the gas mask and a pain relief injection to ease my pain. The pain relief injection was something extra for this time, I only relied on the gas mask for Trenyce's delivery. I vividly can remember that Dr Goh came and together, they all shouted for me to push the baby out. It was so painful this time round, I was yelling and screaming in the delivery ward. It was so painful, I feel like punching people. Next, all I could remember was the baby's crying and then the nurse brought him to me. It is this special moment, you feel whatever you have gone through is worth it!

Pictures of Trenyce's and Kaden's birth.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...