Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Baby at 40 weeks+

Baby at 40weeks (19 Feb 08)

Went to see Dr Goh yesterday. It was supposed to be my EDD, however, there's still no news from my little darling inside my tummy. I think he is really comfortable inside and doesnt feel like coming yet. Anyway, I put on 400grams again, now weighing 76.4kg. Thats the result of eating and sleeping at home for 2 weeks. How not to gain weight? Gynae said I can wait for another week the most which is roughly around 27th Feb or either that I can induce the next day. I wasnt very keen on induced. Trenyce was an induced birth hence if really possible, I really wish that Kaden can pop out on his own without any medical intervention. So gynae sent me back and asked me to come back for checkup again 3 days later.

Back at home, I couldnt help but kept thinking about the induced birth. I am hesitating.....The longer Kaden comes out, the lesser time I will have to spend with him as I have already started my maternity leave last week. If by next week, there is still no news from him, I will have to eventually go for induced birth again. And by that time, it will be the 3rd week of my ML and I am only left 9weeks with him. The more I think the more I feel like going for induced birth. So when hubby returned the night, we discussed and agreed that we would go for induced birth on Friday (22-02-08). Though 28-02-08 seems a better date, we just want to see Kaden soon and dont want to drag any further. Once the decision has been made, whats left is to confirm with the gynae the next day.

Baby at 40weeks+ (20 Feb 08)

Called Dr Goh in the morning and confirmed that its possible to schedule for the induced birth for Friday. As he didnt check my cervix yesterday, I went down to the clinic again today. He checked and said the cervix has dilated by about 1cm. "Huh only 1 cm ah", I was thinking to myself.

Anyway, my mind was quite settled after deciding to go for the induced birth. At least, I know that I will get to see Kaden soon otherwise waiting at home day after day is getting really boring for me. I know it sounds strange to some cos everyone knows that we will be busy once the baby arrives and most adore the "freedom" I am enjoying now. But staying 2 weeks at home, doing nothing but eat and sleep...well, it just not what I really enjoy loh...If I can go out jalan jalan then its not so bad but I cant...76kg ermm...is too heavy to walk. I pity my 2 legs. Also, the reason why I applied for an earlier ML is because everyone is telling me that 2nd birth will usually come early...so I have been expecting that...but alas, mine is not.

Well, Kaden....see you on Friday yah. *muacks*

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...