Sunday, March 02, 2008

Kaden is home!

We discharged from the hospital on 24th Feb 2008 noon. Kaden was barely 1.5days old when we discharged. The PD spotted some yellowness on his face and he had to go for blood test before he was allowed to be discharged. PD said he could only go home if the results came back is below 10 points. Thank god, he passed the test and happily we went home. However, a review on 26th Feb 2008 showed that Kaden had gone beyond the 14 cutoff mark (he was 14.5) and had to be admitted to hospital immediately for phototherapy. I was really sad, partly due to postnatal blues, I wept when I received the call from the PD and even till we reached the hospital, I still couldnt control myself. The tears just strolled down my cheeks. Its rather embarassing to weep in public but I couldnt bother as I was more concerned about my baby.

It was a very bad timing as hubby was away to Taiwan for meeting for those 2 days Kaden was hospitalised and I had to drive myself to the hospital to visit my little darling and to send the breastmilk. I tried to bf him on my every visit and fortunately, I managed to do so.

His jaundice level dropped from 14.5 to 11.3 on the 2nd day and dropped further to 9.3 on the 3rd day (28th Feb) before he was allowed to go home. Luckily, hubby came back from Taiwan just in time to fetch Kaden home. For the next few days, we tried to grab every opportunity to have him suntanned.
We only managed to catch the morning sun today. I hope we will be able to get the sun tomorrow and the day after and the day after the day ...etc as well. It has been raining or cloudy since the very first day he was brought home and even after he returned from phototherapy. When I looked back, it seems we were destined to send him for phototherapy in the hospital. No choice no luck with the sun.


Kaden sleeping soundly on the bouncer.

Jiejie posing happily with Kaden.

Dear Lord, pls hold the child tight in your prayer. Pls pray that there will be sun so that we can suntan our child and may he recover from jaundice soon. Amen.



No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...