Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bolster Case

I wanted to get new pillow and bolster cases for my girl for this coming CNY. The current ones are actually passed-downs from her cousins. It seems simple but mind you, this is not an easy task as you think hor.

My little girl has this strange affection for strings since young. The bolster case she uses must come with strings and she will declare war with you for that by refusing to go to bed if you change hers to one without the strings. Nobody, including the grandparents, can make her sleep and she will wail and wail till you give in. It is not that I like to defy her wishes but the problem is you can hardly get bolster case replacements with strings nowadays as it mostly rubberized. What adds on to the tedious task of searching the stringy bolster case is because my little girl is using her baby bolster! (Well, actually she has 2 bolsters – the small baby bolster and big baby bolster. Eventually, I hope to upgrade her to the toddler bolster.) I have been searching everywhere, Robinsons, John Little, Kiddy Palace, Aussino Kids…etc almost anywhere selling babies/kiddies’ stuff that I passed by while shopping…

So one fine day, I really cannot tahan already and complained to my mother. Guess what she suggested? She advised me to retrofit the cases and sew the strings myself haha… My mother is an experienced seamstress so complaining to her is a wise decision! :p Actually would be better if she volunteer her services lah but then now is her peak period preparing for cny, better not "ka-jiao" (meaning disturbed in cantonese) her... So, last night I bought the cases from Kiddy’s Palace and started removing the rubberized thingy and replacing it with the strings. It took me 2 hours just to complete one small baby bolster and there is another big baby bolster waiting for me to work on tonight. I would say this is some work lah but not exactly very tedious, I am just glad that I manage to get replacements for her really-old bolster cases :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha ... All Trenyces have this type of habit huh? My Trenyce is into pillow. Must have the 'silky' tag on the pillow case. Other tags cannot. So I got a hard time looking for pillow. hehehe ...

Happy Lunar New Year to you & all at home!

祝你心想事成。and Trenyce 快高正大。

Tracemee said...

hahaha....being Trenyces' mothers are not easy :p

Happy Piggy Year to you & family too! cheers!!! :)

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...