Friday, February 02, 2007

Our Sitiawan Trip

If you have been to Sitiawan, you would know that you cant leave this place without tasting these 2 popular food items there - FuChow Lor Mee and 'Gong Piang'. If you have not heard of it or been to the place. No worries, I had pictures for you to drool :p

This is the FuChow Lor Mee. While at the shop waiting for our noodles to be ready, I saw this really interesting container. I suppose its meant to keep the flies away from the spoons and chopsticks. Very environmental friendly idea right? Well, we dont get to see much of this in S'pore mah so I took a pic as souvenir and also for Trenyce as keepsake...hehe. Hubby said I "mountain tortoise", container also want to take pictures but I just do it anyway...hehehe...Even the people at the background of the pic were staring at me while I was taking the pic hahaha :p





This is Trenyce demonstrating how to enjoy a nice piece of gong piang. To be honest, the gong piang is kind of hard but Trenyce loves it alot. I think she must have got the FuChow DNA from her grandmother :)

I took some pics of the bakers making the gong piang from the car when MIL was trying to get some on our way back to Singapore. Unfortunately, we didnt manage to get any as most returned back to the hometown around this period so pre-order is required so those that you seen displaying on the shelves are not meant for walk-in sale. Just too bad! :'(



No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...