Friday, February 02, 2007

A. B. C

Is it me, myself, a 1st-time mother's anxiety? Or is it Trenyce being naughty for not being cooperative? Or because kids are simply like that and I am over-reacting? I should be more patient with them? I get really worry over Trenyce recently. She does not have much problems identifying pictures like animals, fruits etc but not with numbers and alphabets. She does not cooperate with me when I tried to teach her alphabets or numbers. She will snatch the flash cards from me after I finished my 1st round of introduction and she will imitate me, trying to ‘teach’ me. Most educators suggest that we should repeat whatever we are teaching for minimum 15mins daily, it can be more than once per day. Well, I can barely survive thru the 5mins not to mention the 15mins. Perhaps it’s really me, I got to be more patient. Afterall, last night was the 1st formal session I had with her. I have to try a few more times for at least a month or so. I think by then I should be able to see some results.

Besides this, Trenyce is also unable to identify the colours. We have been exposing her to different colours since she starts blabbering but she can’t seem to remember them. The only colour she can remember so far, without fail, is the colour of her daddy’s red car ;p

I think I have to blame myself partly for putting the responsibility to my in-laws as they are the full-time caretakers and I leave it to them what they like to teach her (also because they are retired teachers mah). On weekday nights when I returned from work, I would usually play with her for a while (not much energy left after work ah). On weekends, we would bring her out jalan jalan (poor thing has been caged at home for the past 5 days). I should really put more focus on educating her now.

I have been delaying making some flashcards for her, it’s time for me to put words into action now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry for being kaypoh ... but you dont have to show Trenyce cards for 15 mins one shot. What I did with Trenyce (hehehe) in the beginning was only a set of 15 cards.

I flash both sides as fast as I can (abt 3 sec) and that's all. It takes less than a min. When I'm free later, I do it again. Then I realised she wants me to keep doing so I increase to a total of 5 sets each session. Assuming 1 set is 10 cards. 5 sets a total of 50 cards doesnt take me 10 mins.

One set of cards, I show for 50 times irregardless whether I show everyday or how many times at day.

This is how I do it lah. You dont have to follow. Me kay-pohing only. ;p

But seriously, don't worry. I get the same reaction from Trenyce in the beginning too. Maybe she is not sure what I'm doing. After some time she know I'm trying to show her words and pictures, then she stop grabbing the cards.

Take your time, if she doesnt want to see it then try again another day.

Dont give up! jia you!

Anonymous said...

I think you are like me a couple of weeks ago. Couple of weeks ago, I blog about me worrying RayAnne not being able to recognise colours. But it turns out, she knows her colours, except she just doesn't want to cooperate and was being cheery and playful.

Tracemee said...

Thanks Wokking mum for your valuable comments. Dont worry I wont feel offended. The best thing about blogging is that you can exchange lots of life tips with each other (thats how i personally feel :)) and I truly value yours! Thanks! :)

Really Jan? :) But my Trenyce simply ignores me or blurts out some colours which is not what I asked her at all! I got really worry ah...dont know if she's colour-blind or something...cross my fingers x 10000million times...

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...