Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thank you strangers

***********
Dear strangers,

I have been taking MRT to work everyday. Even though we do not know each other, I thank you for being such considerate and kind soul for volunteering your precious seat to me. Thank you for your understanding and I truly appreciate that kind gesture of yours.

Yours truly
***********

Ever since being preggie, especially after the 2nd trimester, I have been receiving seats from strangers on MRT everyday. I suppose the bulge is more obvious now. But this is really one thing I am trying to get used to.

I did not have this experience when I was pregnant with Trenyce as I hardly take public transport. My kind sister would send me to work everyday because her little boy was studying somewhere near my office. However, this time round, I am not as lucky as my office has shifted to the city and I have to jostle with the crowd in the MRT everyday. It was difficult initially because I was having morning sickness and no one volunteered their seats to me likely because my bulge was less obvious then. Travelling to work everyday then was a chore!

Besides that, receiving seats from strangers does not happen every now and then, ok. Its only under special circumstances like being heavily pregnant etc. I admit it was quite embarrassing initially when people offered their seats to you because it seemed to mean that you are more "vulnerable" than them. But at the same time, I am truly grateful that they are giving their seats to me cos standing with a big bulge is really tiring! My weight escalates as the pregnancy progresses and is taking a toll on me as I can no longer bear the additional weight. My leg hurts from the standing and the journey to office seems forever....actually only 20mins + 5mins walking. But when you are unwell, 5 mins also seem eternal, agree?

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...