Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ambitious Task

I am going to take on a very ambitious task come April 2008, taking care of Trenyce and Kaden all by myself. Its going to be a challenge and my MIL is actually quite worried :p

Well, this whole thing came about because my PILs will be going to Perth to visit my SIL, and will be staying there for probably a month or so. And since I am still on my maternity leave, there is no time better than this period for them to take the long holiday before they have to revert to the mundane task of looking after our two kids. They havent got such long breaks for 3years already, ever since they helped to look after Trenyce for us...the most is about 2 weeks break so I think they really shld go for this holiday.

Actually, they have volunteered to bring Trenyce along but we have rejected their kind offer. You can say that I am silly to reject such good offer but hubby and I seriously think its not a good idea to separate Trenyce from us during this period when Kaden has just arrived. Young she may be, she may harbour thoughts in her little heart which we do not know. She may think mummy and daddy are ditching her after the kid brother arrives and that we dont love her anymore etc etc etc, which is what we really dont want her to feel that way. And furthermore, this is the best time for both of them to bond with each other since this is the first time she becomes the jiejie..

But seriously, I dont think its an mission impossible bcos my mother also took care of me and my 2 siblings all by herself and so if she can do it, I really think I should be able to handle as well. Moreover my mother is staying just a few blocks away from me.....anytime I need help, I can always zoom over to her place..hehe very optimistic heh. Well, I just feel that this is part of motherhood too. Hubby has also promised to work 4-day week during the period when PILs are not around to help me out. Things should work out fine, I think.

I suppose the only thing I am more worried is how to keep my temper in control espc when Trenyce is so active now and very often she will purposedly do things to irritate you...

Dear Lord, pls grant me peace and calmness so that I will be patient with the little playful one at home. Amen. Mood: Optimistic

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So your pregnant now....I don't know you, but congrats. I had my little Hannah at 27 weeks weighing 1 lb 9 oz. But she is perfect!!!!

Tracemee said...

Hi Sarah, thanks and thanks for dropping by.

It must have been not easy to bring up little Hannah but thank god she is now a healthy 4yo yah!

Btw, you have got lots of nice pictures of your kids :)

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...