Thursday, December 20, 2007

Eventful Saturday (15th Dec 2007)

My PILs had left home for their annual "holiday" very early in the morning, around 6+am I think. I was still sleeping when they left so didn’t really catch their departure timing. We tried to clear some of our leaves every end of the year to take care of Trenyce ourselves so that PILs can have some rest. Usually, hubby and myself will rotate our leave schedule during this period. This has been our annual practice since Trenyce arrives. Yah, hubby is considered quite capable as he is able to take care of Trenyce by himself such as bathing and feeding her. And I am really proud of him :)

We also went for our routine visit to Dr Goh in the morning. Baby is now 30 weeks old and according to Dr Goh, Kaden now weighs 1.5kg and everything is normal. Mummy now weighs 70.6kg, gained 2.4kg. I also did the blood test and it showed my glucose level slightly on the high side. The usual reading is around 6 whereas mine is 8+. Dr has instructed me to cut down on sugar and carbo...ohoh..and my routine checkup has been changed to 3 weekly from the next appointment onwards as I am reaching the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy. Anyway, finally met Tabitha as it so happens our appointment date is on the same day :)

In the afternoon, I had my prenatal massage with Mrs Hannah. My whole body is achy and I was looking forward to a good massage. Unfortunately I was told I couldnt do a "hard" one so her strokes were rather gentle. So not really "shiok". Overall, it was ok but would be better if she could increase her strength a little....cos after one day, the effects of the massage are gone already...

In the evening, we attended my nephew's wedding. A bit amazing right? He's my eldest nephew, 26yo already. Cant imagine we are only 4years age difference. He can be my younger brother already haha. This was the first time Trenyce attended a traditional wedding dinner. She was amazed to see so many people and at the same time I think she must be curious why was that so many ah yees and jiujius popped out suddenly and most of them she had never seen before. In her little mind, I suppose she could only recall one jiujiu and one yeeyee that’s why she seemed a little reluctant to address these new yeeyees and jiujius.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...