Sunday, November 11, 2007

Trenyce Very 1st School Concert

We attended Trenyce's school concert on 3rd Nov. It was her first "public performance" and we can see that she's very excited about it, kept asking me to make-up for her..haha...yah, because the school has asked the parents to do makeup for the children before bringing them to school.



There were altogether 13 performances put by the children, from playgroup to K2. Trenyce's class, being the youngest of all the classes, gave the 1st performance of the day. I suppose the teachers must have worried that the young kids, already all dressed up, may get impatient and so they get to perform 1st. The 1st performance was "Small Hand" (a mandarin song titled "Xiao Shou"). It was a very cute because the few kids that came out all stood there staring at the crowd. None of them moved a single bit at all except Trenyce. She seemed to be the only one who remembered that she's supposed to be up the stage performing. She moved her hands and danced, I supposed as what she had rehearsed, not bothered that her friends are not moving....then slowly another girl besides her started to move along and so the entire performance only Trenyce and the other girl "moving". Bravo Trenyce! Well done!



All together, Trenyce was involved in 3 performances. The 2nd performance she did was called "Row Your Boat". This song required 4 groups of kids in 2 to hold their hands and pretend that they are rowing the boat.





The final performance she did was the grand finale where all the children will come out and sing 3 songs together (2 english and 1 mandarin songs). The english sings were "Kid's Prayer" and "Never Give Up". The mandarin song was "Met the God" (mandarin translated "yu zhu xiang yu"). Initially, we were not able to take pictures of Trenyce on stage as she was arranged to stand at the back row, I supposed its because of her height. Hubby was standing, along with the rest of the people, busy snaping pictures of his little sweetheart. I was sitting down, allowing the people sitting in front of me, standing up blocking my visual. The only way for me to see what's happening on the stage is thru the big screen on the stage. Anyway, Trenyce was standing at the back, I thought to myself. Then suddenly I heard hubby said, "look at the little girl, she came to the front by herself...". Upon hearing that, I quickly stood up trying to catch a glimpse of what hubby had told me. Yes, indeed this little girl appeared in the front row now! hehe... Smart girl, she knew thats the only way daddy and mummy could see her and take pictures of her!

Overall, it was a very entertaining performance. The children put up a good show and really makes us laugh. Hmm...I know laughing at them is a bit mean but they are really hilarious. Some of them performed very well while some of them went up the stage not knowing exactly what they should do and stood there looking at the crowd. Most K1 and K2 can perform very well except the junior ones like N1 (Playgroup) and N2 (Nusery).

This is the first time both hubby and I attended such concerts and we are very impressed because the little girl managed to remember all her steps and coordinate well with her friends. She seems to have a flair for music. Maybe we should start grooming her, our future star...hehe

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...