Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Worrying about little girl

Little girl asked me a few questions over the dinner yesterday. Everyone else had left the table then except Trenyce and myself. I was feeding her with some glass noodle soup which my MIL had cooked. Suddenly, she just popped the questions to me.


Trenyce: Mummy, do you like me?

Me: Yes, I like you dear and I love you too.

Trenyce: Mummy, can you stay at home?

Me: Why?

Trenyce: Because I like you.

Me: Then papa leh?

Trenyce: Papa goes to work loh.


This is not the first time Trenyce had asked me to stay at home with her but recently it has became very frequent. I am not too sure if its because of my pregnancy and so she's getting a little insecure, for fear that attention may be taken away from her? Especially now my tummy is getting more obvious so reality hits her more harshly? That having a kid brother is not just a say-say from the parents but a reality that is coming true? Not only that she even requested to hold my hand to sleep and has been coming back to our bed to sleep with us these past 2 months.

No kidding, I am really worried how the little girl will feel when the kid brother arrives. I mean it is for sure that I will devote most of my attention on him. Will she cling on me and cry then? I have been telling hubby that he must paid alot of attention on her when Kaden arrives so that she will not feel neglected and he has promised so. Luckily hubby has got 1 week paternity leave, I hope that helps to soothe the tricky situation.

Dear lord, pls grant Trenyce peace and calmness in her little soul so that she wont get frighten because of the arrival of her kid brother. Pls give her strength and love so that she will be able to handle her emotions when the kid brother arrives and she will love him as much as we love her. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy,

Maybe Trenyce noticed that some of her classmates' mothers is able to send them to school everyday. Deep in her little soul she also thinks that it would be nice if mommy sent her to school everyday and when she cries or feels sad mommy is always there to dry her tears and say 'I love you Trenyce'.

May Kim

Tracemee said...

hmm...probably...but according to mother, most kids are fetched/sent by the maids or grandparents...didnt really see alot of mmummies hanging around the school.

does melvin show similar traits when you are pregnant with matthew?

Mike said...

Dear Tracy,

Melvin did try to catch my attention by being naughty when Matthew was born. Michael tried to give him lots of attention as I was so busy like siow chow wow when Matthew was born. Melvin had never asked me whether I love him. I guessed I was always there for him. Just before Matthew was born Michael begin to teach him to sleep in his own room, bathed himself, put on his own shirt and pants and feed himself.

Michael would tell him that he is now a big boy. He should learn how to take care of himself.We continue to reassure him that God loves him, we as parents loves him although we punish him when he is naughty and Matthew loves him too.



Love,
May Kim

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...