Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My wedding anniversary

Its going to be my 4th wedding anniversary in 2days' time. Our marriage is so young but I feel like I have gone thru a lot with my hubby. The first 2 years were roller-coaster years…….I wouldn’t want to go into details of what has happened as the past is already history...

Anyway, I have already applied leave for that day as it coincides with my cousin sister's wedding (yeah, our wedding date is the same! haha) and we are invited to her wedding lunch. So in a way, its like she is celebrating my anniversary for me haha….The only thing is that my groom (hubby) is not around with me for the wedding otherwise, it really looks like my wedding anniversary makan…hahaha..

We havent decided how to spend our anniversary yet. I was just asking hubby in the car this morning how he planned to celebrate and he just gave me a smile, meaning he hasnt planned anything yet. Sigh! I grumbled to him in th car, for the fact that we are only married for 4 years and he's already this borchap….not romantic at all.... I am not even asking for diamonds or anything from him, just probably a nice dinner. Sigh! In fact, we have never celebrated our anniversaries. Sad huh. Usually, couples will celebrate their 1st 2 or 3 anniversaries..but me none! :'(

On our first anniversary, Trenyce was only 2 mths old and as a first-time mother I wouldn’t bear to leave her at home and go out to celebrate. Moreover I was the full-time caretaker then and I didn’t have anyone else to babysit for me……..

On our 2nd anniversary, my PILs were already staying with us and we were still trying to get used to them staying with us, felt a little awkward to get them to look after Trenyce while we go out and enjoy…and this awkwardness continue for the 3rd anniversary as well.

For our 4th anniversary, I don’t think I want to let it past just like that. I don’t mind even if we have to bring Trenyce along for our celebration, anyway she's part of our "marriage". Just that we will have to find some kiddy friendly restaurant. Then next year, we will have Kaden to join in the wagon hehe…. I think for all the efforts we have put into this marriage, we both deserve a pat on our shoulder and should celebrate the day!

2 comments:

Mike said...

The moment we have kids, they are always part of our wedding anniversary celebrations.


When you do more exercise, for example walking further to work. It will make you physically more fit. You will have more power and strength to push Kaden out ....he ..he...he. Therefore you will have a shorter labour pain.

Love,
May Kim

Tracemee said...

I hope so too...I have never experienced water bag burst or anything. Dunno how I will react when the time comes :p

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...