Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Preggie buddies

Life is interesting. I have 2 other friends getting pregnant almost the same time as me (besides Geak Sang). One will give birth in Jan, mine in Feb and another one in Apr.

For them, it’s their first pregnancy and me, it’s my second. Hence, I think they are more “enthusiastic” than me in this pregnancy and eager to find out more on mothering :p I think they are very lucky cos they have more friends around them who are experienced parents. When I was pregnant with Trenyce, I hardly have friends with kids. In fact almost none…..those that I know with kids, I am not very close with them so quite difficult for me to ask them questions…then those I know either just got married or still single. The only few I constantly turned to for advice are my sister and sister-in-law. My sister has 2 boys and my sister-in-law has only one boy then (now 2 boys!). Yeh, my family are surrounded with young hunks and another on the way heh! :p

Anyway, the two mummies-to-be occasionally will pose some questions to me. Its good (hey mummies, pls don’t feel shy to ask…you know who you are :)) that they ask cos can also help me to “revive” back those days and prepare myself for the coming bb. I sort of forgot some of the things already so when they asked, it kind of prompted me to dig into my memory bank. People say preggies are forgetful and yes I completely agree…I really forget where or how to start with to prepare for my pregnancy except looking for gynae and confinement auntie. These are just the 2 things that naturally come to my mind and the most expensive of everything :p For the rest of the things, I just buy whatever I can remember haha..…a bit lazy to do up my shopping list cos there isn’t any major things I need to get loh. Things like baby cot, playpen, stroller, sterilizer, infant clothing, mittens & booties....etc are already all in my storeroom. Well, so far...I only managed to pile some packets of wet tissues in my wardrobe that’s all hehe :p

Well, I think I am not really in the mood to do shopping yet bcos we havent quite settled the baby room....must wait till hubby set up the baby room then think I will be in the mood to get the baby things up :p Anyway, thats no excuse for me not to do up my checklist otherwise cant do my shopping at all. Okay okay, will do soon.....

Anyway, nice to have friends getting preggy at the same time cos we can get each other informed of any lobang hehe....

3 comments:

Mike said...

Dear Tracy,

Don't forget to get your breast pump and milkmaid tea ready too. I will be bringing some baby clothes and confinement dresses to pass it to you. You can look out for sale on diapers. You will safe more if you buy in bulk. Anyway they do not have expiry date so you can stock up.I have bought Kaden a pair of shoes, shorts, shirts,etc.

What do you personally want for a confinement gift?

May Kim

Tracemee said...

Oyes, MK, how long does it take for the milkmaid tea to reach you when you ordered the other time?

I saw a couple of milkmaid items selling in singapore but not the milkmaid tea. Wonder why?

On behalf of Kaden, thanks for the presents! No, I dont need anything except breastfeeding tips from you perhaps :)

Mike said...

Dear Tracy,

If I did not remember wrongly the milk maid tea arrived at my door step within one and half week. Don't forget you are in Singapore. You can get milk maid tea in US. I guessed this lady who is running the babyloft manage to get the business of selling the milk maid tea from someone in the US. I did try looking for milk maid tea in Perth before Matthew was born. Hoping that it will be cheaper in Perth but I can't find it in Perth too.

The tips of breastfeeding is basically feed according to demand. The more you feed the more milk your breast will produce for Kaden. And the more you feed you will actually burn up more fat in your body. That's why breastfeeding will help you to lose weight.

For me, honestly speaking I did not breastfeed because I want to lose weightlah, I am already so thin I breastfeed because I am 100% convince that Breastmilk is the best milk for the baby at the early stage. Do you know that you can actually buy breatmilk online in US?

Just remember don't ever give up breastfeeding. Your milk will come eventually. Some are faster and some are slower. I do admit that breastfeeding is tiringlah- especially the midnight and early in the morning.

So, pray that your milk will come just at the right time for Kaden and it will be sufficient for him. Pray also that Kaden is clever enough to latch on to your nipple correctly and start sucking in order to stimulate the milk production.

For me,when I was breastfeeding Matthew I even apply nipple cream on my nipple to make sure it did not crack and interfere the process of breastfeeding.


Aiyo, I have to go and cook now. Take care. God bless.

May Kim

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...