Saturday, October 27, 2007

Records of My Gynae Visits So Far...

6th August 2007, MONDAY, SINGAPORE3rd visit to gynae, Dr Goh. Baby#2 exact size is about 4.36cm. The due date is now 24th Feb 2007. I guess, it will always be somewhere between 19th and 29th Feb 2008. Mother’s weight remained unchanged, it is the same as the previous visit. Must be all that vomiting that’s why I am not gaining any weight..

20th August 2007, MONDAY, SINGAPORE
4th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. It was a last minute decision as I was not feeling very well, vomited twice already in the morning and experienced some abdominal pain yesterday so decided to see Dr Goh to reassure myself that everything with Baby#2 is alright. Dr Goh gave me 2 days mc to rest at home which was good as I get to spend some time with Trenyce too. Baby is now about 13weeks+ and mother weighed at 61.6kg, gained 1.1kg.

1st September 2007, SATURDAY, SINGAPORE5th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. Did the triple blood test as per what we did the other time when I carried Trenyce. Just to get some assurance and hope that everything with Baby#2 will be fine. The due date is still 24th Feb 2007. Baby is now about 15weeks+. Mother’s weight remained unchanged.

10th September 2007, MONDAY, SINGAPORE6th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. I had very bad constipation. This morning I just noticed some blood stains on the stool, gave a ring to the clinic and Ms Lim asked me to go down for a check to see if there’s any pus or something.

Think its god’s will. The nurse informed me that my results from the triple blood test had just come back this morning. Everything was normal except that it showed high risk for DS. The odd is 1:70 whereby for my age, the odd should be around 1:800+. I was under the norm odd (1:250) by 1/3 at least. I got so worried and called daddy to come down to the clinic. I needed him to be around to hear what’s Dr Goh is going to tell us in case we need to make decision for further testing. True enough, Dr Goh recommended amniocentesis. Though he didn’t make it compulsory for us, we decided to go ahead just in case anything. So Dr Goh helped to arrange for the test to be taken the next day at Thomson Medical Center.

11th September 2007, TUESDAY, SINGAPOREWe arrived at the clinic at 8.30am as instructed by Dr Goh. Took a detailed ultrascan by the sonographer before we proceeded for the test. The sonographer spotted the little birdie and informed us that it’s a boy! Tears were streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably when she was doing the detailed scan, describing to us every details of the little fellow. Daddy saw me tearing and looked at me with one kind of expression as if telling me not to worry too much. The whole process took less than an hour. The withdrawing of the amnio fluid took only 10mins. Thereafter I was given 3 days hospitalization leave to rest at home. The rest now, is really to wait for the results. I was told that it will take 10days. Sigh, the wait seems eternal….

27th September 2007, THURSDAY, SINGAPORE
7th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. Finally, we received the amnio results from Dr Goh. Glad that everything was fine except that they found 4 XX chromosomes among the 34 cells they tested. We were told that the results took a little longer becos of the XX chromosomes, the lab wanted to wait a little longer and see if it will turn XY or something. Aiyo, made us worried like mad. The lab recommended a retest if we want to double confirm on the XX thingy. We decided to drop the idea as the wait is simply too much for me and Dr Goh has already said that its very likely that the XX chromosomes belong to the mummy since baby and mummy are of different gender. Its almost 99% that the baby is fine and the ultra scan has further assured us that the baby’s organs are growing fine…what needs to be there are there and growing well! Anyway, it was confirmed that the baby is a XY!

See entry of similar subject here.

29th September 2007, SATURDAY, SINGAPORE8th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. This was a routine checkup. Dr Goh did a very quick check of the baby’s general growth. Baby is now about 19weeks+. Mother weighed 63.7kg, gained 2.1kg.

27th October 2007, SATURDAY, SINGAPORE9th visit to gynae, Dr Goh. This was a routine checkup. Dr Goh did the usual scanning to check on the baby’s general growth and we also saw the penis hehe. Baby is now about 23weeks+ and weighed about 600g whereas mother weighed 66.7kg, gained 3kg. (No wonder I have difficulty walking nowadays, too heavy I guess!)

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...