Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Post-dated Post 1: 29th Nov 2006

2005 Wedding Anniversary

Was chatting with hubby in the car this morning while on the way to the nearest MRT stn near my place. We were on the topic of our anniversary night dashing around to send my friend to catch her train. Then I recalled we had another exciting celebration last year too when my brother met an accident with sister’s 6months old Toyota Altis. Thank goodness he was alright but I cant say much for the car.

I vividly remembered I was on leave on that fateful day, again not purposely on leave to celebrate my anniversary but to bring Trenyce to KK hospital for her routine medical appointment. While I was about to enter the CTE, my phone rang. As I didn’t have my earpiece with me, I didn’t answer the call but just scanned the phone quickly to see whose calling. I saw my brother’s number appearing on the screen, which was quite a rare sight (he don’t normally call me on weekdays). Wondering what it could be (as my mother and sister are away on holiday at that time, I am the only sibling he could contact if anything happens), I asked my FIL to answer the call for me. What came out from the conversation was alarming - he had an accident somewhere near his office! Not wanting to worry my mother and sister, we decided to solve the problem ourselves. I went to fetch hubby from his office (he wasn’t on leave) before going down to see how extensive the damage was. There I saw the brand new Altis, quite badly in shape. It cant even move at all. According to bro, there were smoke coming out from the front. Odear. We followed the tow truck to the workshop to do all the necessary paperwork and left the place.

The toughest part of all was to break the news to my sister. We (me and bro) were hesitating on how to go about it. Initially, we wanted to wait for them to return from their trip as we were afraid that we will spoil their holidays but hubby said if we waited so long then inform them, they were surely get very mad. Afterall, sister is the car owner and she has every right to know what’s happening to her car. Of course, we understand hubby’s intention. In the end, we decided to call my auntie, who was with them for the holiday for her advice, to check on the situation. You know lah, bringing kids along for holiday may sometimes result in some small squabbles. We just want to make sure everything is in order before we release the news. of course, auntie advised us to tell them, so....Well, the rest as it says are history....

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...