Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Satay, Fever and Teething

Poor little girl is suffering from teething! The molar has finally invaded her once calm and peacful gum-land!

She started by having a mild fever on sunday afternoon....quite an odd timing cos usually when she is having fever right, it will come around the evening time about 6 plus onwards. Thats why I couldnt quite believe hubby when he told me about it. He was the one who discovered her forehead was feverish.

Well, we didnt expect that her fever was due to teething at first as she has had a "heaty base" as what MIL always say due to DNA from FIL's side, so we hought she could be heaty again. Satay then was the most obvious culprit as that was the only heaty food she had consumed recently, in fact it was just about 2 days ago at my mother's place. I dont quite agree with hubby that satay was the culprit loh becos its quite unlikely that the little satay could be so mighty and result in heatiness wihtin 2 days? I really doubt so. But then there was no other evidence to prove that she had consumed other heaty food. Well, never mind...I know the satay is innocent....

The fever persisted for 3 days. During these 3 days, I was on standby mode. I would wake up about 3 times in the middle of the night to monitor her fever so as to sponge her if necessary. (I really worried whenever she has a fever and couldnt sleep well.) The nights passed by peacfully, no fever spotted. Thank goodness! (but quite unusual loh.)

PIL monitored her condition during the daytme but no fever came until late evening about the time when hubby and myself returned from work (the usual 6plus timing). We gave her the panadol drop before she sleep and gave her short sleeve tees to wear so that she will be more "cooling". It was only until the 3rd day, which was yesterday, then FIL announced that he suspected Trenyce was teething. We pondered for a while and realised that he could be right! The few pointers:

- She keeps on pointing a specific area of her gum and complains to us "pain pain"
- She refuses to take any "hard" food including her favourite drumstick
- She doesnt want to join us at the dinning table during dinnertime and seems to lose interest in eating
- She doesnt even want to finish her milk by herself (using milk bottle) and we have to spoon feed her
- She is more fussy and grouchy
- She cries at the slightest things that irritate her
- She loves the cool jelly I made for her
- She doesnt complain pain pain anymore when we apply the cool teething gel
- She has really BAD bad breathe (this I cant really confirm its due to teething, I am going to brew more herbal tea for her. Hopefully it helps. cross my fingers!)

See, I told you the satay is innocent :)

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...