Thursday, December 28, 2006

My December Naggings

1. My blog
If you have noticed, I have made some changes to my blog recently. Giving it a new face-lift, like doing make-over like that...haha. Yeah, new look for the new year!

2. Photos
I had taken quite alot of pics this month but all's in my camera still and I didnt bring along my cable so cant do any transferring of images now. I had also some nice family shoots taken from all the birthday celebrations, all thanks to the new tripod set we got couple of weeks ago. It has proven to be very useful indeed. And guess how much I got it? Less than 25bucks! Okay okay, wont keep you waiting, I promise I will do the uploading as quickly as I can when I get back to Spore yah :)

3. Break from Work
Oh yeah, I had my litte break from work from 20th Dec onwards. Yes, it was my last working day for Year 2006 :) How nice if this moment can be eternal....well, you know what I mean. Its like when you are working, you hope you wont but when you are not, you hope you will. The grass on the other end is always greener. That's the problem with human beings. Never gets contend easily with what they have....sigh!

4. Mothering
I had my own taste of motherhood "full-time" during my little break. It is a usual practice I adopted since having Trenyce around. I will normally clear my annual leaves during year-end for PILs to return their hometown to rest. As I told my colleagues: "I clear leave for my PILs to clear leave". :p I appreciate their help to babysit my gal when we are working. I have to admit taking care of this 2year old is no easy job. As what people always say "Terrible Two", I blew my top a few times while trying to discipline her. It is really getting on my nerves but with some experience the last time PILs went to China, I am better at handling her. I just let her cried when she cried to get the things she wanted which I forbidded her to. Though there is alot of cryings and scoldings, our relationship grows. Yes, amazing, isnt it? I can feel she is more attached to me nowadays.

Two recent incidents really warmed my heart. I feel really consolated when one of the nights MIL asked Trenyce whether she wanted to sleep with her or mummy. She chose mummy! I thought she probably would chose her beloved ah ma since she had not slept with her for a while already and probably would miss her but she didnt. Its a little childish, I admit :p But wouldnt all mothers feel the same when their kids whom they spent lesser time with as compared to their full-time care-takers, preferred them or their companion? Another ocassion is when Trenyce was lying on the sofa taking her last feed before her sleep, she wouldnt let anyone to occupy the sofa. When I return from the kitchen and asked her if I could sit down, she actually agreed! Hehe :p

5. Milk Bottle Problem
I have been hoping to get rid of Trenyce's habit of drinking from milk bottle. She has been biting the teats until the hole gets so big that I need to change it about once every 2 months and she hasnt known how to drink from a cup even! Yeah, sometimes we will have this little problem when you are not the one taking of your child full-time. You cant follow your "grooming schedule" for your child. It usually will take longer for your initiatives to be implemented. I probably will not be able to do within this year (that is like 3days away to Year2007). I hope I can achieve this by 1st Qtr next year (sounds like some big company doing some financial projections eh?). From my observations, Trenyce doesnt really like to drink from bottle nowdays, in fact, she drank faster with the water bottles (those with straw). I am not sure if there's a sign...hmmm

6. Others
Well, with Year 2006 leaving soon. Time for me to set my resolutions for Year 2007. I will leave this for 31st Dec 2006 entry. That will be more interesting, right? What do you have for the new year? Anything you have been contemplating to achieve but yet achieve? Needless to say, I have quite abundant of those. Not again...

2 comments:

Family Alkema-Ang said...

nice to know u still hv my link and now i have yours. trenyce has grown so much since the first few baby fotos, happy holidays and happy new year

Unknown said...

My girl's name is Trenyce too! ^_^ Nice to know another Trenyce.

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...