Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Post-dated Post 2: 29th Nov 2006

Monetising my blog?

Recently, I have been to several mothering blogs talking about monetized their blogs. In fact, some of them had started doing that and earning US$ already. To be honest, I am really tempted to do that for my blog too. I have been thinking of ways to earn some small bucks so that when I eventually exit the working society in a couple of years time to be a full time SAHM, I still have some income. Just to earn some pocket money for myself lah. However, I am contemplating whether to monetized my blog as

Reason#1: I am not a frequent blogger. I probably blog thrice a week the most. Part of the excuse is becos my job requires me to face the computer for the entire day so I don’t really switch on my pc at home unless… I have insomnia that night.

Reason#2: I only blog when I have something interesting happening in my life which I like to share about (I suppose most bloggers started for the same reason but I am still at this infant stage loh) otherwise I could be missing for a couple of weeks. Did you watch “I do I do” by Jack Neo, if you do right – they were talking about “feeeeling” for love, whereas I am talking about “feeeeling” for blogging. Sometimes, you just need to have that feeling to be able to sit down and pen down your thoughts and that’s me.

Reason#3: For health reasons. My blogging time is usually past midnight as that’s when my girl and hubby are asleep. I tried to spend as much time with them when I came back from work and only have my personal time after they have slept. The problem is the moment I am hooked to the pc, I could be at the pc for hours and ended sleeping less than 5 hours when I have to work the next day. This is bad as I will be a walking zombie for the rest of the day and needs to rely on coffee to perk me up.

Reason#4: I am not a fantastic writer. I preferred to use singlish as my writing style. That way, I feel more “natural” as I poured my feelings and thoughts on my blog. Well, I only get a B3 for English for my ‘O’ levels :p

But then again, Reason#1 and #2 could be resolved by monetized my blog. It would ‘force’ me to blog more often and gave me ideas on what to write. As for #4, well, practice makes perfect as I will be ‘forced’ to write more frequent. The only headache is #3, surely get scolded by hubby for always staying late….hmmm…am considering to get a new handphone cos the current one is not working well (used for 4yrs already leh), if I get a smart phone or pda phone, that would solve my problem right? :p

Papa (aka hubby), may I have one for my Christmas present, pls? hehe:p

2 comments:

shoppingmum said...

Actually, you don't need much time to blog for money. Just register and submit first. If you find the topics suit you, then only blog about it. It's extra money only, so just enjoy the fun of blogging a more variety of subjects. :)

Tracemee said...

okidok. thanks for the encouragement! :)

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...