Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Kiddy Post-Sickness Week

I am most scared of what I called the Kiddy post-sickness period. It is always difficult to take care of Trenyce after she recovered from her illiness. As per past experience, she will become incredibly grouchy and fussy. Generally, I believe all parents will be more tolerating when the kids are unwell and gave in to all their demands irregardless. Therefore, its easy for them to pick up some bad habits along the way and thats what I dread most. It will usually take a while for them to revert to old self again. So its not surprise I lose my cool with her over the weekend.

Firstly, she refused to take her usual napnap and became very grouchy whenever she couldnt do what she wants to do and cried at the slightest thing that she is unhappy about. That was an incident that were rather amusing. Not between me and her but her with hubby. Both of them were seated nicely at the daybed watching Playhouse Disney then hubby suddenly remembered that Channel U was airing Golden Horse Award and switched over to that channel. Well, this is a bad habit of hubby's, always switching betw channels when he is watching TV. I suppose he overlooked the fact that its his little princess watching with him and its not gona be easy for him to get his way loh. So the moment her favourite cartoon characters disappeared from the screen, she started crying and making noises. A somewhat similar incident happened the next day. As Trenyce watched mostly Playhouse disney, I supposed she wasnt awared of this thing called advertisement. This time both Trenyce and hubby were watching some cartoons on Channel 5 and then some advertisements came. She started crying, with some experience watching tv with hubby she had misunderstood hubby thinking that he had switched the channels again, and so was mad with him and slapped hubby's laps as she cried! haha....

2ndly, she refused to cooperate with me to take her meals. When I was feeding her noodles or rice (either for lunch/dinner), she would take a mouthful or two and puked the following feeds out causing a mess everywhere.

3rdly, she woke up crying from her nap (at times I managed to make her sleep), making a big fuss. She will ly on the floor and cry. I also realise that she now knows how to throw temper. She will ly on the floor, with her head hid betw her crossed arms. I wonder where she picked this from????

Anyways, thank goodness the week is over. Sososo stressed!!! I dun like to beat her (her hands only) and I dun like to scold her as I believe this will deteriorate our relationship. I dun want to create fear in her otherwise, she will keep herself from me in future. In fact, most of the times I tried not to and used reasoning with her as I believe she picked up beating people from us - from the misleading interpretations "I will hit you when you are naughty".

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...