Saturday, April 04, 2009

Kaden弟弟 is sick

25th -29th Mar 2009, WEDNESDAY to SUNDAY, SINGAPORE

Kaden弟弟 was not feeling well for the past few days. He was down with mild fever due to teething. Although the western doctors do not believe that teething will cause fever, it really was indeed the case. It started on Wednesday when hubby and myself discovered that his forehead was a little warmer than usual. We alerted MIL to keep an eye on him as the fever is behaving like yoyo, going on-off. This went on for about two days and on Friday, MIL announced that Kaden 弟弟 was having fever and had given him a dose of panadol syrup. This syrup can only be given maximium 3 times per day, every 6hourly.

Poor boy having 4 teeth (2 upper & 2 lower) erupting at the same time. He must be under a lot of pain, so uncomfortable that the usual cheery 弟弟 is now a very grouchy boy. I quickly boiled Lingyong (羚羊水)and barley water for him over the weekend, hoping to help him ease the fever. Luckily, the fever ceased on Sunday but another illness striked the next day!


30th Mar – 3rd Apr 2009, MONDAY to FRIDAY, SINGAPORE

We noticed Kaden弟弟 was coughing on Monday morning. It got worst in the night as he kept coughing almost every other hour. It was so bad that it disrupted his sleep and as a result, he couldn’t sleep very well. I didn’t sleep the whole night as well as he was extremely irritable by the cough and I had to pacify him to sleep. This went on the entire night and by the time dawn came, I had to prepare for work. Nevertheless, I dragged my feet to work. I was so zombie man!

His cough turned worst on Tuesday morning and we decided to bring him to the pediatrician if his cough did not improve by the time we return home. Well, we had to bring him to see the pediatrician afterall. Made an appointment at 7.15pm, it was the earliest timeslot we could get. We didn’t even get a chance to have our dinner and had to leave immediately for the clinic when we reached home.

We waited at the clinic for almost 45mins before its finally our turn. Dr Anthony from ABC examined Kaden弟弟 and he concluded that Kaden弟弟 had caught the flu bug. His coughing was caused by the mucus that he couldn’t dispel since he neither knows how to blow nose nor spit the phlegm. But it wasn’t serious so he doesn’t have to go through the ‘face mask’ to relieve the phlegm in case it ‘clogged’ his lungs. As usual, it was another sleepless night for me…..

I went on child mc the next day cos I am going to pengsan (meaning cant take it anymore in hokkien) already. Im severely lack of sleep. Its very unhealthy for a heavily preggy to go on sleepless nights. Well, no choice. True enough, I fell sick due to lack of sufficient rest even the 1-day child mc couldn’t help to replenish the lost sleep. I was down with running nose and cough for the next couple of days. Its very troublesome for preggy to fall sick as it will take a long time to recover cos basically there’s no medicine to take (无药可救) and I have to rely on ‘inner self’ (靠自己) to recover. Well, its not the first time anyway............
Mood: Uncomfortable Milestone: 13 months old

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...