Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Crawling totwards my final lap

As I approached the final lap of my pregnancy, I observed alot of symptoms which I had not experienced in my previous pregnancy. Perhaps its really true that each pregnancy is different in its own...and all the more so, when this is a boy and the previous one is a girl.

The water retention this time round was much worsen than my first pregnancy. I dont remember I have much problem with water retention then. This time, not just my feet are getting swollen (I have gone up 2 shoe sizes already, from size 7 to size 9, and I suppose it may increase again!), my hands are equally swollen. At first, I was wondering why I have been feeling numbness in my hands, especially in the morning when I just woke up....checked with gynae then I knew it was due to water retention.

I am also having much difficulty sleeping at night. I would wake up at least twice every night for toilet visits. Not sure if its becos this is my 2nd pregnancy and the vagina is "looser" so tend to visit toilets more frequently this time round. Even during the daytime, I have difficulty walking around too.....sometimes I could really feel the baby pressing on my bladder and could hardly walk. If you have seen a penguin walking, I think I really look like one now.

I also experienced leg cramps a few times during my sleep which was more severe than previous pregnancy. It was so painful I have to limp.

Eating wise, I dont really have special cravings and dont really into eating. Most of the times, I am eating for the sake of eating cos I am hungry! haha.... Indigestion has also returned. Sometimes, if I eat a little too much, I would even get the nausea feeling.

I suppose this CNY is going to be very challenging for me. I dont suppose I will be inviting friends to my place this year...cos I really dont have the energy to decorate the house, and going from places to places to get the cny goodies has proven to be too much for me. I just went shopping with my mother last Sunday to get some of my confinement dried stuff and also some cny goodies at Rocher Rd. Wow, its really crowded and warm till I could hardly breathe! When I got home, I am so tired that I just want to ly down and rest on the bed :P

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...