Saturday, November 25, 2006

A friend's Visit + Exciting Wedding Anniversary

Thursday was my 3rd year wedding anniversay. I had an unusual celebration that day. No, it wasnt the conventional candle-light dinner. It was hmm....an exciting adventure!

Anyway, I took half a day leave from work, most would think its for celebration for my anniversary hehe...but it wasnt as a fren from Msia came to town, so I decided to take leave to bring her around. Hers was a short 2 day 1 night stay so I hope to grab the little time we had to catch up. She was working in Singapore for about 5years before she decided to marry her then Pahang boyfren, now hubby of her BB boy, Zhongxuan (Hope I got the name spelled right! :p). I havnt really seen her after she left Singapore 2 years ago. The last time I saw her was 2005CNY when she was about 4months preggy.

I brought her and Trenyce to the newly opened shopping mall, Vivocity. We shopped barely for 2hrs and had to leave for home at 5pm as my MIL had prepared dinner. We intended to send her to Tanjong Pagar Railway Station after the dinner. As I was afraid that we would hit the peak hour traffice jam, I suggest to take a cab home instead of MRT. Well, being new to the shopping mall, we had to search for the taxi stand and ended up at Harbourfront Taxi stand instead and oh my, it was such a queue! I decided to call for cab and the cab finally arrived 10minutes later (quite punctual). However, we were still caught in very heavy traffic due to some car accident and the taxi was practically crawling from CTE to our place. Back in the cab, I was so worried and kept praying that we would be able to rush home in time to dash to the Railway Stn. We finally reached home at 6pm, that was like almost an hour journey for a usual 20-minute ride home! We had a quick dinner and hubby and myself quickly rushed her to the station. Well, this time we were really caught in the normal peak hour traffic. My heart was beating so fast, soso worried that we would miss the train. Hubby was really calm. He assured me that we would be able to catch the train as the train would not be so punctual as it normally would delay a while and would not leave on time. But still, I was feeling very uneasy. I would nag at every traffic light, mumbling why the traffic light was so slow, praying that it would turn green soon. Guess what, we reach the Railway Stn exactly at 6.55pm, 5 minutes late and I was praying hard that the train would still be there as I ran as fast as I could to the gate. Well, the worst fear came true. The station master was closing the gate when we arrived and told us that the train had departed! OMG!

There was no other train stopping at Mentakab that night and the earliest train would be tmr morn 6am. Hubby then decided to sent her to JB to catch the train and if we really couldnt (becos SG-JB checkpoints would be very jammed at this hr), we still could send her to Larkin Bus Terminal to catch a bus back. So we quickly rushed back home to collect our passports and JB here we come! As we expected, the checkpoints were terribly jammed and by the time we crossed over to JB, it was already 8.30pm. The train had already gone far and so we were left with choice 2 - Larkin. We managed to get a 11pm ticket for her to Mentakab. Honestly, I was quite worried to leave her alone to take the bus but I supposed most msians are quite used to this kind of travelling. I told hubby I wouldnt dare to travel by myself and it was mainly becos I couldnt speak their national language, Bahasa Melayu.

We accompanied her till she boarded the bus around 10.40pm. By the time we reached SG, it was almost 12 midnight. What a way to "celebrate" my wedding anniversary haha!

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...