Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sourcing for birthday cakes...

In another 1.5hrs time, it will be my 32nd birthday. Last time this year, I was already on leave at home waiting for Kaden's arrival and this year I am at home sourcing for my son's birthday cake haha....Kaden will turn one year old in 2 weeks' time. OMG. How time flies.

Hubby and myself have finally settled on the idea to celebrate his birthday at home with just some close relatives. I probably will whip up a few dishes like fried beehoon, curry chicken, fried chicken wings etc.....drooling already hehe...Anyway, the more headache thing is what cake to get for him really. As I have less than 20 guests, getting an enormous cake that is more than 2kg is very wasteful but all nice designs are 2 kg and above leh...howhow??? Diedie must make a decision by next week otherwise scared Im too late and my order will be rejected.

Got a few recommendations from the motherhood forum. Though I didnt participate but learnt alot of things there from the mothers hehe...Sent a few emails today to enquire on the cake designs & prices, guess in terms of price, my choice tentatively is in this ranking as some of them have not replied me yet:

1. Pine Garden
I like this design but instead of sesame street figurines, I would prefer Mickey Mouse or Clifford the red dog.



2. eCreative
I quite like this design, simple and nice but I hope to get a 'theme' cake for Kaden pehaps a Mickey Mouse or something as he's borned in the year of rat.


3. Cupcake Divinity
This boy has the same name as my boy but with a different spelling guess he must be borned in the year of piggies ;p Still waiting for their reply, hopefully they can transform the piglets to Mickey, cross my fingers =p Oh, she does very beautiful cupcakes too. hmm, maybe an alternative to giving out for baby full month treats! =)



4. Cherylshuen
Finally found a Mickey Mouse theme birthday but judging from the cake design, it must be a pretty huge cake of at least 3kg I think. I like her hello kitty design, very nice hor...can get for trenyce or meimei next time hehe =p



5. Simply Irresistible by myssaliana
Like her 3-tier Pooh bear cake design but dun think I will be getting such a big one. Anyway, just ask first and see her pricing.


All pictures extracted from the respective owner's website.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...