Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Hassle of Moving House

Hubby and myself are planning to move to a slightly bigger house, hopefully within these two years as the family members have expanded beyond our expectations. We have started our search since Dec08 and till now we havent seen one that we really like and felt that its worth the purchase. Most importantly, we are unsure whether moving house now is timely as Im due to deliver in June which is in 4 mths' time and Im seriously in no condition to pack and unpack the stuff now. My gynae has advised me against carrying heavy stuff and walking too much as the baby is rather low. From the last scan at the clinic, my gynae had pointed to me that the baby's head is very close to the cervix and a possible premature delivery so better be safe than be sorry. He even prescribed some med for me to prevent the premature birth. There are other factors we need to consider as well like how are we going to manage the moving with the kids around plus we really got lots of things in the house mainly the kids' stuff!

Seriously, if we managed to find an ideal house now...we probably will engage a house mover company to assist us. The problem is where to find the movers, whether they are good and if their charges are reasonable etc...These are the questions that will pop in these situations. In times of these, I probably will turn to websites like Moveme for help. The fantastic part about this site is that they are able to provide free removal quotes from several removal companies for your comparison! Interestingly, these removal companies are being rated by their competitors hence we can be well assured of their service quality! How wonderful can that be huh! (Typical kiasu Sporean hehe)

A snapshot of the website


The other thing I am pretty impressed is that they are not all out to 'con' you by giving you the most expensive service. Why did I say so because they even thought of services like hiring a van only if you have very little things to shift around or hiring a man and van should you require an extra pair of hands to assist you in shifting. Cool eh.

If you are in UK or if you ever get a chance to move overseas, do consider their services!

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...