Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cure for Teething Rashes

I mentioned some time ago that Kaden has this teething rashes thingy. I havent found any cure for it yet. Went to the pharmacy last Saturday and the pharmacist advised us to use aloe vera or the nappy rash cream to apply on the affected area. As the nappy rash cream is not consumable, she advised us to apply a thin layer over it and make sure it 'blend' to the skin.

I went back home and followed her instructions, applied the nappy rash cream on him. And since I am using the nappy rash cream, I presume the same logic for the nappy rash treatment applies when it comes to caring for the teething rash. That is, to keep the affected area as dry and clean as possible.

I was very careful the entire Sunday, watching out his drooling, trying to keep his chin dry as as possible and changing his bibs dilligently. I am not sure whether it will work but think I wouldnt go wrong trying it out. Did see some results at the end of the day. His rashes were slightly better. But this isnt something that would get treated instantly so we still need to be on our guard.

Good thing hubby found this and it clears my doubt. Indeed, keeping the affected area dry and applying aloe vera helps! Although it didnt mention the nappy rash cream but I think it wouldnt hurt...afterall, its meant to be apply on the skin.

Anyway, we are still monitoring closely on his condition. Cos if leave untreated, the consequences could be terrible.
Oh, one thing hubby mentioned to me while he was surfing the net for infor. Someone ever mentioned in a forum that the urine of the child himself is actually the best medicine to cure this rash but nobody dares to try out! Just imagine, urine!?!?! Yuckie.....

Dear lord, pls pray that Kaden will recover from his teething rashes soon. Pls grant him peace so that he will be able to go through this uncomfortableness with an ease mind. Amen.
Mood: Worried

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please dun try that urine method, LOL!
I remember that my kids had teething rashes too, but I din do much about it except cleaning their faces more often.

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...