Monday, March 10, 2008

The new confinement auntie has arrived

After suffering for another 3 days without the confinement auntie, she had finally arrived yesterday noon. She looked like she's in mid fifities so I was quite surprised when she told me she was approaching 60yo. Surprised not bcos she didnt look that old but the agency had told me that their aunties are betw ages of 35 to 58. So have I been cheated??? I duno and I dun wish to change anymore auntie. It was too much of a drama for me and Kaden to receive a fourth auntie within a week. Besides I am only left with 2 weeks of confinement, so if I am to change another auntie again, how many more days do I need her service?

The very first meal she cooked, I had a dish of red wine chicken meat uncooked for my dinner. I almost vomitted. I am eating semi-cooked chicken meat. Yucks. Other than that, her attitude seems ok. I continue to observe her today. I finally understand why some people do not want to employ confinement aunties beyond certain age. Not being prejudiced here but if they cant help you much during your confinement then what's the point of employing her? The auntie's cooking is much better today, however, she does things very slowly until that I have to take care of Kaden myself quite a couple of times. She also cooked very slow that I had to clean Kaden myself today. Kaden had pooed and I didnt know when auntie will finish her cooking. By the time she finished her cooking, Kaden's backside might have rashes growing all over already so I decided to clean him myself rather than wait for her. When I cleaned Kaden, I observed some rashes on his lower body. I hope she has not forgotten certain steps of cleaning the baby and skipped it completely. Then I heard another quite scary thing from MIL this morning that auntie had told her her eye sight and hearing is catching up with her age. She cant hear well on one of her ears......MIL told me to watch out on Kaden myself in case she didnt hear him crying. Alamak! Guess, I wont have much time to rest for a couple of days more till I get the hang of this new auntie.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...