Thursday, March 06, 2008

My confinement auntie has left!

Never did I expect such things to happen on me. My confinement auntie has to leave halfway before she completes the full month for me. Her family called. Her mother-in-law is very ill and is hospitalised, and may not be able to get through the ordeal so she has to hurry back. I cant stop her from going back to see her MIL for the last time so I let her go the very day itself. She has completed 10days of service for me. She left in such a hurry, I dont even have time to check with her on Kaden's habits. Luckily, I always wandered around to KPO a bit so its not that hard for us to capture Kaden's style.


The next hour or so, all I could do was to make as many calls I could find hoping to get another replacement. Finally, I managed to get one through recommendation from my previous confinement auntie, the very 1st auntie who did the confinement for me when I had Trenyce. Thought all will be settled once I found the replacement and just need to 'suffer' one night. Boy, how wrong am I! It was a nightmare. Her attitude was very bad. She couldnt take comments from us and insisted on her own way. She even told off my MIL when MIL, out of curiosity, told her the pail of water meant to bath Kaden was very cold! What's worst is she let Kaden cry until he lost his voice! My heart aches and so does hubby! The last straw was when she talked back to me when I asked her nicely to change Kaden's diaper as he had pooed first and put down whatever she's doing (she was marinating some meat) as my massage lady was waiting for me in the baby's room. We decided to let her go the very next day after just one day of service. She was rather surprised when I told her to go. I paid her for a day's service and her transportation. She was not satisfied with the amount that I gave her and demanded more! I was firm on my stand and refused to pay her any more than the amount I had given. She was quite mad and scolded me. I just ignored her. Normally you would expect this person to pack and go immediately right. Well, she didnt! She went to the room, sat on the floor and made calls to god knows who, then took her sweet time to keep her clothes (she washed about 3 bamboo stick of clothes in my house the very night she arrived as if she just came back from holiday) and took her bath before she left. It was already an hour later after I told her to leave.


Now I am waiting for another auntie to come. With that scary experience, we decided to pass whatever recommendations we have got and went direct to the local confinement auntie agency. Really got some phobia with this confinement auntie thingy. Crossing my fngers now.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...