Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Meaning of your kid’s name? (Tagged)

Sorry Angeleyes, I know I am a little slow in responding...just came back from short holiday. I am hardly tagged by anyone, so thanks for engaging this slow tortise in the fun! ;p

So, whats the meaning of my girl's name?

****************

Little girl's name: TRENYCE WONG JIA YEE

Hubby and I have long decided that our children will take the first 2 initials of our english name, so if the child is a boy, he will take after "KE" and gal will be "TR". In fact, we had come up with 4 names as we would very much like to have 4 kids if we can afford to. Getting a boy's name is much easier than the girl's name as there isnt many "TR"s around.......

I know this sounds a little funny. I chanced upon Trenyce's name while watching American Idol:p Saw this black gal by the name Trenyce who can sing really well. Cant remember exactly whether its the 1st or 2nd season. All I can remember was that I was about 3 mths+ preggy then and we were still busy searching for names for our BB. So when I saw her name with "TR" which fitted our bill, I quickly jotted it down and did a google the very next day for the meaning of the name. It was not easy as google was not very helpful...in the end, I had to pop into the bookstores and dig those baby naming 'dictionaries' for the meaning. Thank goodness I found it eventually and I was very pleased to find out that "Trenyce" means "Smiling". I thought to myself "hey, wouldnt it nice to have a happy girl?" Afterall, we parents all want our children to be happy and cheerful isnt it? And that's how we decided to use Trenyce for my smiley Trenyce :) Indeed, she loves to smile and laugh....she's really our happy girl!

Trenyce's chinese name was given by her paternal grandfather. We got FIL to give the name as he is the only one, besides myself, who knows the chinese characters and most importantly, Trenyce is the first grandchild of the WONG famiy. It is Trenyce's privilege to have the grandfather to give her her name.

Surname: WONG
The chinese character is same meaning as the colour - yellow.
[PS:I am sorry I dont have chinese wordstar so there's no way I can type out the chinese name :'( ]

Middle name: JIAFIL chose the word "Jia" which means "good" but the reason FIL chose this word is because the sound is close to the chinese character "house", meaning he wanted her to be close to her family, always think of the family wherever she is and whatever she is doing.

Last name: YEEThe final word "Yee" came from the newspaper. FIL came up with a few names but we dont really like it (actually its me cos hubby doesnt know chinese as his 2nd language is Bahasa Melayu), so he resorted to using the chinese newspapers for ideas. Coincidently, there was a big writeup on this china woman (quite a big shot in China political world) with the name "Yee". The word "Yee" in chinese refers to proper etiquette. To FIL, this symbolises a successful and proper woman and he wanted Trenyce to be like this woman so he gave the word "Yee".

**********

For the links....ermmm, pls refer to Angeleyes' blog :p ~lazy mdm~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Trenyce Chinese name only difference by 1 word with your Trenyce leh. Mine is Jing Yi but the Yi is different character. ;)

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...