Saturday, May 19, 2007

Arguing again....

It was one of the days again I had a quarrel with hubby over Trenyce.

We brought Trenyce to Centerpoint today and she accidentally hurt herself at the escalator. I wasnt with her at that time as I was browsing around at the concourse on the offered items. Hubby was not interested and had brought her to 2nd floor to look for PILs. As I was movng near the escalators, I could hear some child crying. When I realised that it was my girl, I quickly catch up with them. It was some light but unsightly bruises caused by the sharp end of the escalator steps.... Little girl was still crying when I managed to catch up with them. There was small little blood markings on her leg, so I quickly apply some aloe vera on her leg to soothe her crying.

********************

I totally forgotten about the incident until the time when I was dresing Trenyce, preparing her for bed and saw the bruises again. I was quite upset that she got 'disfigured' again and grumbled a little at hubby. But instead of apologising, hubby blew his top and scolded me, saying that I left him with the girl and he had to hold his drink with the other hand...blabblabblab and couldnt manage properly that caused the incident. I was really mad that he shifted his responsibility away. Does that mean anyone with one hand full of things, will not be held responsible for the child's safety? Luckily it was just some light bruises this time round, what if it wasnt? The argument got really heated and worst of all, we quarrelled in front of Trenyce. We only stopped the argument when Trenyce started crying and telling hubby at the same time "dont scold my mummy"......

Then I just held her hand and brought her to the room to sleep quietly....

Normally, for situations like this, we dont apologise to each other instantly....we just let the anger goes off by itself. I wonder if its good but if we continue to argue over it, it doesnt prove to be any healthier to the relationship either.....Thank goodness, the anger usually doesnt last for more than a day and we will apologise the next day when we cool down.

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...