Saturday, June 06, 2009

Playing doctor for the week

I am officially resting at home since Wednesday but I didnt really get to rest. This whole week I have been busy taking care of my 'patients' at home.

It started with hubby running very high fever of above 38 degrees on Monday and taking panadol prescribed by his company doctor didnt help as the fever remained at the same level for the entire day. So I quickly brought him to see another doctor which is near our place when I returned from work. The doctor gave him a stronger panadol and antibiotics. Alas, it didnt help either...his fever was at 39.3degrees at its peak. I had to resort to sponging him. I even got him to take a cold bath to help relieve the fever. When it didnt help (fever maintained at 39 degrees), I called the clinic again as its operated 24hrs. I was advised to feed hubby another dose of panadol, the normal kind, 2 to 3 hrs after taking the strong panadol. I did as instructed. That was close to 1am. Thank god, his fever came down at 2am. For the rest of the days, his fever didnt come back again but he was feeling rather weak. He had three days mc and finally returned to work on Thursday.

As Trenyce was sharing room with hubby. She was put away to sleep with the grandparents during these three days. Then on Thursday morn, the same day hubby was fit to return to work, MIL dropped me a bomb. She told me Trenyce was having fever and had given her panadol at 2am. Oh my! Her fever symptom was exactly like hubby. Her fever was at the range of 38 to 39 degrees and it persisted the whole day even Nurofen and sponging didnt help. We decided to bring her to the clinic when hubby returned from work at 7plus. Hers was at 40degrees when we were at the clinic. So high! Doctor prescribed nurofen, panadol and antibiotics. He didnt recommend the 'buttock medicine' as he said it would affect the liver and hence try not to use if possbile and usually only recommended for younger children not for children as big as Trenyce becos the dosage would be higher for Trenyce. Usually its only one pill inserted but for Trenyce's age, it would be 2 pills.

As usual, I had to play doctor/nurse again. This time, Trenyce swopped room with Kaden. She slept with me the entire night. Her fever was still high after taking Nurofen so I waited for 3hrs to give her another dose of panadol, the normal type. Her fever was down for the rest of the night.

Did I mention that Kaden wasnt feeling well too the same day Trenyce was having fever? Luckily his was not as severe as Trenyce. He had some cough in the morning when he woke up somewhere around 7+am, then developed running nose and mild cough around 9+am. Fed him some panadol and cough mixture. Thank god the medicine was sufficient to control his condition. We didnt have to bring him to see doctor. Guess he was really feeling a tad bit unwell so he was rather grouchy the entire day. Kept requesting for his pacifier and going to the bed to ly.

Anyway, very thankful that all have recovered within the week. Though Kaden still having a little cough other than that all's well for him too. I couldnt imagine if they were still sick when I had to go into labour ward to deliver 妹妹!

Praise the lord! Mood: Thankful

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...