Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kayleen 妹妹 has arrived!

My wish came true. Kayleen 妹妹 did arrived "the very next day" according to gynae =p In fact, I was admitted to hospital right after finishing blogging on my gynae visit as the contractions were coming more and more intense....from 15 mins to 10 mins interval. So I decided to give the clinic a call and was told to admit my self immediately as 3rd bb usually comes pretty fast!

I quickly called hubby, who's still buzy washing his car at the carpark, to come back and send me to hopsital. Then I went for a good shower, took my bag and waited for hubby to return. By the time I reached the hospital, it was already 4.30pm. When I finally settled down in the delivery ward, its about 5pm. The nurse checked on my dilation and announced that its already 5cm dilated. Dr Goh arrived shortly, bursted my waterbag and told hubby that I would deliver in 2hrs' time then he left. Before he left, he told the nurse to call him on his mobile to update him on any progress.

Then suddenly the room was very quiet, everyone had left the room, including hubby, leaving me alone in the room. All I could hear was my breathing and the sound from the 'laughing mask'. The pain became more intense and I could vividly feel the 'push'. Hubby came back after completing the hospital registeration. I told him I feel like pushing the bb out and asked him to get the nurse. When the nurse came in, she did some checks and asked me to 'push' slowly while waiting for Dr Goh to come.

Dr Goh came and everyone started to get busy. Everything was happening so fast that I couldnt remembered much of what they are doing. All I remembered was that I was already pushing bb and the pain was intolerable! For the first time, I was screaming and shouting while delivering. BB Kayleen eventually arrived at 5.44pm, barely an hr after I was admitted to hospital. If I didnt make the call to the clinic, I probably ended up delivering at home! Can you imagine?

BB Kayleen weighs 3.515kg and 49cm long. The heaviest amd the shortest among her siblings heh! Well, thats doesnt matter, most impt is I have gotten a healthy bb! God bless!

2 comments:

karol said...

"screaming and shouting while delivering" OMG! the pain must be terrible! anyways, glad you've got a healthy bb! Congrats :)

Leona said...

wow that's a really short delivery time. so good

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...