Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trenyce's 2 Year Old Birthday Party (Part I)

Trenyce turning 2 today! How time flies! We held a birthday celebration for her last Sat (16th Sept06) inviting some close relatives and friends. This was her first birthday party. We only had a simple dinner with the family on her 1st birthday hence, I decided to organise a birthday party for her this year.

Hubby had asked me to cater buffet for the party but I had refused his kindness.I told him that my mother did the same thing for us when we were young so now it is my turn to do for my children and I really meant it. Of course, asking me to do it every year is impossible (definitely very tiring!, I stood preparing the food until my legs ache! :P) but I do intend to do so at least twice in their toddler years.

Most of the dishes here are prepared by MIL and myself. MIL helped to prepare the curry chicken and sweet'n'sour filet while I prepared the beehoon, agar-agar, red bean soup, fishballs, sotong balls & mini sausages. Okay okay, I need to also mention that my bro and sis also chipped in to help in decorating the dishes especially those garnished with cucumber and pineapple :p

What a spread! :p
*******************************************************************************

Trenyce's Barney Birthday Cake :) She is so happy that she starts singing the birthday song when she sees the cake. I am amazed she understands the meaning of birthday cake!
*******************************************************************************


Decorations done by FIL :-) Mood: Jubilant Milestone: 2 years old

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...