Monday, September 11, 2006

Little Gal Turning Violent?

I notice recently that Trenyce is hitting people. I am getting really worried about this. No she didnt go around hiting people like a maddie but she's hiting the family members. Myself and hubby have gotten hit by her a few times and on monday night, hubby just witnessed her hitting the grandmother and "punished" her by "slapping" her hand. I was in the bathroom and vividly could hear the cries from the other room. She cried even louder when she saw me approaching. I told her gently that she shouldnt hit grandmother and asked her to apologise to grandmother. She did as she was told but was still sobbing away. In the end, we had to calm her down but diverting her attention away to something else like watching cartoons on the playhouse disney channel etc.

I really wondered where she learnt all the hitting from as she was only exposed to was Barney and Mickey Mouse TV programs. A hit from a child could be really really painful as children at this stage still do not know how to control their strength so at times the hit could be very painful. My poor hubby has gotten hit by her many times already. Once we were on the bed chatting and playing, hubby came over and joined us on the bed and was lying very close to her. I do not know if that's annoying her (because he's so close and she has lesser place to move around?), she just gave him a tight slap on the face. Ouch! But hubby doesnt seem to learn his lesson and always gets near to her, however, now he does know the need to cover himself in case of a sudden attack from his daughter!

I wondered if its us parents, the so-called role models of the child, teaching her to hit people. We do 'slap' her hands at times when she misbehaved like throwing toys on the floor if she doesnt want to play it anymore or simply playing with the food in her bowl with her hands etc. Has she intepreted thru our actions that if you dont like certain things or the ways things have been handled, turning violent is the solution to all? I am getting worried now. Sigh, guess I have to be really patient and 'counsel' her everything she starts raising her hands to hit people.

Here is a videoclip I took 10 June06 while on some shopping spree at HarbourFront. We were taking a break at Mac and as usual, Mac superb Kids service - giving each child a balloon. Just look at how Trenyce played with her balloon. If you imagine yourself to be the table. Ouch Ouch Ouch! Thats's exactly how she's 'dealing' with us. Sanyang you...then hit you, and then sayang you again....then hit you....



Mood: Doubtful Milestone: 21 months old

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...