Saturday, May 10, 2008

The month of April

I hardly have time to blog since my pils left for their Australia trip. They were away for the entire month of April to visit my sil in Perth and I was left alone to care for the kids on my own with some help from my sis and mother. My sis would send my girl to school every morning and my mother would pop over every afternoon for a short while to look after my boy so that I could fetch my girl from school. My dear mother also "provide" dinner for us for the entire month...initially we didnt want to impose on her so hubby would pack food home every night. But this only lasted for a week. We were quite sick of outside food. Just imagine every night and the weekends....we really dont know what to eat....even "ta bao" can be a chore! Haha...

Well, how's my life everyday then? Every morning was like having a war at home. I have to hurry my girl to finish her milk, brush her teeth, clean her and get her dressed in uniform. Sometimes Kaden will wake up at 7+am, thats when I'm even more "kan-cheong" cos I have to get Trenyce ready for school by 8am and at the same time keep an eye on Kaden. The worst is when it clashed with Kaden's feeding time! Just imagine!

After Trenyce left for school, I would start my routine: washed Kaden's bottles, washed the clothes (Kaden's ones were handwashed!), swept the floor, prepared lunch, fetched my girl from school, fed her lunch, she slept and woke up, prepared tea for her, bathed her, bathed my boy, fed her dinner, in between also need to feed Kaden....then when the clothes were dried, kept and folded the clothes....and the cycle repeated every day except for weekends when hubby was around. Very action packed huh!

I had less than 5 hours of sleep everyday without afternoon nap. Daytime got to look after my elder child, night time for the younger child. Its indeed very challenging looking after 2 kids...no wonder some couples insisted on one-child policy....oh well...the smiles on my kids' face make everything worthwhile!

Pic taken on my masterbed on 10 April 2008

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...