Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My date with "Tong Shui"

Is suddenly in the mood to cook “tong shui” recently. The urge gets especially strong when I recall the photos taken with my frens 3mths ago on my 29th birthday. In the photo was myself with 2 other galfrens same-aged as me but none of them were with kids or married. A closer look at the photo and it was obvious to all that I am already member of the “ah soh” club while they were not. With the laughing lines circled around my eyes and the dull, shaggy face due to lack of sleep…how not to? Sigh! So sad! :'(

I begin to wonder if its true that women with kids will need to work extra hard to maintain their “outlook” as compared to before they have kids? To be honest, I am quite lazy when it comes to these facial routines. I find it very time consuming and also expensive :p Well, guess I got to do something about it.

Then I remember the Cantonese culture of eating a lot of those “tong shui” to maintain their youthful look so I decided to try out this method. Afterall, I have a free teacher (my mother’s a Cantonese) to guide me on the cooking. So no worries! :D

Yesterday, I cooked my first "tong shui" - Beancurd skin with gingko nuts, eggs, barley. The Cantonese called it “Fu zhu” (I think). Heard its very nourishing for the complexion. Comments from my PIL, hubby & colleagues were encouraging. I have therefore decided to cook one “tong shui” every week!

Hope I am not too ambitious!

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...