Thursday, October 05, 2006

Grandfather's creations

I have drafted this post somewhere earlier this month (check the entry date, its 5th Oct heh) but only managed to complete it today (2 Nov 06)! SO embarrassing actually, always updated past events in my blog heh...but its better late than never right? :D For us, Oct 2006 has been an exciting month. I will share more of the "happenings" in my subsequent updates!

I have always wanted to share some of FIL's creations for Trenyce and finally taken photos of some of his creations. The purpose of this post is simply to let Trenyce knows (years after she is older) that she is very fortunate to have a creative grandfather. *Drum rollz* okay, here are the items.....

*****************************************************************************
Very Cute right? This is how Trenyce started to recognise apple, orange, star, fish etc... It helps to reinforce whatever she has learnt as child at this age has shorter memory, they need reinforcement every now and then to help them remember. This is recycled from a metal stand which FIL found at the void deck. The panda poster is actually a 2006 calendar.

This is a closer shot. I have just changed the flashcards about 3 weeks ago. She is learning shapes now but she can only recognise the star and whenever I point to the circle, she will tell me its a ball :p Square and triangle seem to be difficult for her to remember, probably bcos she cant quite associate these shapes with things she sees everyday.

This is Trenyce's exercise books. PIL always goes to Labis RM$1.70 shop to buy exercise books for her to practice her pasting, colouring and drawing "skills", one of her favourite activities. Sometimes, FIL will just simply cut some pictures (like here, its a little girl) for her to paste on the exercise book. Ocassionally when there are pasar malam downstairs, he will buy some stickers for her (I think its 20cts per piece, quite a variety got Barney, Memaid, Hello Kitty, Nemo etc) to make her pasting activity more fun!

See, this is the Hello Kitty stickers and some of her scribbing! Trenyce will tell me "sticker, my favourite!"


Little girl also has a pencil case of her own. Quite a colletion yah. The colour pencils are gifts from Auntie May Kim. Look closely and you will notice the mini paper duck in her pencil case. This is also done by FIL. By getting her to draw around the duck and "eventually" a duck picture on her exercise book helps in "strengthening" her motor skills. Good idea eh? Here is a closer picture of the mini paper duck. Its only the size of my thumb. Trenyce will say "my favourite duck inside pencil case" :)

********
The end

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...