Tuesday, September 22, 2009

17 weeks 'holiday'

My 16 weeks maternity leave is coming to an end soon. How time flies when u re submerged in blissfulness! Yes its very tiring mentally n physically cos I hv only abt 5hrs of sleep every day n no caffine allowed since Im on breastfeeding. I enjoyed the time spent caring for my little ones n watching them crossing their every milestone more than anything else. I suppose this is a rare opportunity for me to get 'close and personal' with my kids for this long.

Although Im spending most of my time (its 24hrs) taking care of Kayleen (well, to be fair the leave I gotten in a way “originated” from her), I tried to squeeze time for my other two kids. I will try to cook lunch for Trenyce n bath her after she returned from school. I tried to play with Kaden as his bathing n meal times will either clash with Kayleen or Trenyce. All these done amidst my very bz bf schedule cos I need to express bm every 4hrly if possible. Honestly, Im v thankful for the 16weeks ml given by govt (additional week is from my annual leave),its really nice to hv these much time to care for our bb. Babies are usually more settled in their 3rd or 4th mth. Hence my mind is more at ease when I returned to office or rather Im v ready to return to work. The only thing is I cant bear to part with my little one. I can really feel the big difference as I wasnt able to spend as much time with my two elder kids hence I got v excited when I was the first to witness kayleen‘s milestones like im a brand new mother all over again. I saw kayleen grabbing things, screaming in excitement, ‘answering’ me when I talked to her, turning herself…well, all these would not have been possible if Im away at work. Oh! Sound like I may try for a fourth one..hahah...well, no not yet! haha...

No comments:

Writing Again

Its been a long time since I blogged about my family life. My last entry was actually in 2010. Gosh, thats almost 14 years ago. Life's b...